The Sims 2 Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this error on my laptop it has vista and my laptop has:
Ati moblilty radeon HD 3400 Series Card
1786 MB of memory
Chip type: Ati radeon graphics processor (0x95c4)
DAC Type: Interunal DAC (400HMz)

I do not have any Custom stuff i have every Patch for every EP for the sims 2
So how do i fix it please help me :monkey:

If you haven't already, I suggest removing the existing graphics driver and installing the most recent for your laptop..

DirectX 10 (I'm on Vista) and yes, I think it comes preinstalled (doesn't it?). I can't find the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 series driver for my laptop, either.

For your laptop graphics driver try going to the laptop's manufacturer's website.

Ok I am soo frustrated that I am about to tear my hair out!
My friend gave me her old Sims 2 disc and I downloaded it and everytime I try to run it this message comes up:
Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectyX 9.0c compatible graphic adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

Here is all my computer info I know:

Microsoft Windows XP
Proffesional

Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Intel Celeron Processor
731 MHz
320MB of Ram

PLEASE HELP!!

It appears that your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. Your processor is below the minimum for one and, according to the error message, so is your graphics.

It is difficult to suggest more definitive information since you have not posted your laptop brand, model, and configuration.
But are you absolutely certain you can use DirectX 10 on that computer?

Suggest you go to the Device manager and look for flags or errors reporting that your video graphics are not installed properly. If you find the flag, download the graphics driver from your computer manufacturer's web site, install it, then reboot.

Download and install from www.microsoft.com, DirectX 9.0c August 2009. Some installs merely redistribute DirectX to a location on your hard drive to which you must go to run the install program.

If you have the standard graphics device on any computer built in the past four years, DirectX 9.0c Aug 2009 downloaded from Microsoft will work just fine... You just have to watch the install options... as one form of the download simply installs as it downloads. The other method saves DirectX to your hard drive, then redistributes it to a location you select. Then you go to that location to click on the setup or install icon amongst a very large number of DirectX icons.

Both are simple, really.

so what happens for both of them step by step?
because simple to you is complex for me just because I honestly dont know a ton about downloads or computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back