The Sims 2 has been working for over 2 years and it suddenly stops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I know this question was probably answered in this forum, but I feel my situation is a little unique.

I'm always getting the DirectX 9.0c compatible adapters error message whenever I start up The Sims 2. This game has been working PERFECTLY FINE since I got it about 2 years ago. Now it just suddenly stops working?! I have changed absolutely nothing. One day I start it up and it gives me this error message.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 700m. My graphics card is Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller.

I've been looking at forums for over three hours for this problem and I cannot find one correct solution. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX 9.0c, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 2 about 3 times. Nothing seems to work. Many have said that I need to update my graphics card, but note that this game has been working correctly for me on this laptop and this graphics card for OVER 2 YEARS.

Please help me! If this question has already been answered in this forum and you can direct me to it, that would also be extremely helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back