TechSpot

The Sims 2/Vista/DirectX problem

By Free
Sep 16, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have seen discussion about this subject in many places, but none of them has the answer that will finally make my game run.

So I run a PC with a configuration like this: Core 2 Duo E7200, 2GB RAM, nVidia 9500GT, Vista Home Basic.

Today, I installed The Sims 2 and a whole bunch of expansion packs, the last one being Bon Voyage. But when trying to run the game, I get this message:

(i removed it from here, you can now find it in attachments, cause I don't have enough posting account)

Now, I have the latest drivers, it is set running as an administrator and in XP SP2 compatibility mode. My DirectX is 10, as it is in Vista, and I have read that it can't be downgraded. No information about this issue is on The Sims 2 official page. I've also patched both my Sims 2 and Bon Voyage expansion pack. I'm really out of ideas, and I would appreciate if anyone could help.

Attached Files:

2. Free

Free TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well it turned out that this problem was due to me putting the crack in a wrong folder :S

However, now the game freezes up before starting, so I'm trying to find a way to fix that.

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

A crack you say? Did you download this game or something?

4. Free

No CD crack, so I don't have to switch the CD's in the ROM all the time.

5. Free

OK seems like I'm going to have to reinstall everything, nothing seems to work....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.