The Sims: 22 Years and Counting

Had a blast back then playing Sims 1 and even the DSI version, but when second came out it started to lose its charm.
Don't get me wrong, I still own Sims 2 and 3, but the time I played them is so insignificant compared to the first one it might as well be non-existent.
I wonder if we could "measure" popularity of this series, how would the graph look like?
Does anyone seriously care anymore? I mean other than core audience.

A lot of Sims user "content" feels like "Baby shark, Nursery rhymes, that Spiderman/Elsa themed videos that exploited young children watching YouTube etc.

Tried but too repetitive. Life is usually repetitive and that's good so I decided on life vs game

Played it a little back in the "dialup" days, but since you couldn't nuke something, why bother.
Now, I'm sure there are a ton of mods/cheats to do all sorts of things, but like everything else,
it is probably "woke".

Always wanted to play but never had the time (or maybe motivation to play it). This, coming from someone who played the original Simcity a lot.

So, is the Sims 2 the best version?

Funny article. Since, in case you didn't know, our world isn't real. We're Sims version 979.5 beta.

One question each person on this little planet has to ask himself is:

"Am I controlled by a real player, or am I just an NPC."

(and TBH, it's hard to say which is worse)

I spent way to many hours playing Simcity when it first came out, such a great game when it released.

Back