The Sims Complete Collection not installing.

By Dhargk
Mar 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought the Sims Complete Collection and when I click the install button on the install wizard, it tells me that I don't have enough space on . and that I need 3600 MB of free space to install, and then kicks me out of the installer.

I have 13.6GB of free space on C: and I don't know why it would fail to recognize that. I've uninstalled a lot of excess programs and defragmented my computer, I've ran countless virus scans and spyware scans and I still get this error.

I'm really starting to get ticked off, but anything you could do to help would be GREATLY appreciated.

BTW: In the screenshot I was using a Windows theme, but upon realizing that might mess with my computer I uninstalled it and it still won't let me install the sims.

I've attached a screenshot of the error message and my DirectX Diagnostic of my computer specs.

Cheers
    Dhargk

Attached Files:

2. CooperBaby

CooperBaby Newcomer, in training

ughhh...

Mine does the SAME exact thing...I even returned my game and got a new one..but same thing happened, i have done the smae things you have and cleaned up all my stuff. have you figured out how to make it work??:​
    chef:
  3. Sunny87

Sunny87 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 116   +10

Browse the DVD and look for a file named "Sims Eraser.exe" apparently it fixes this issue.
  4. SIMSNEWBIE

SIMSNEWBIE Newcomer, in training

I'm not sure if this should go here but I also have problems installing SIMS complete collection; first I've reached 95% then it would give error message about cyclic redunduncy (I wasn't able to prnt scrn). I had it replaced but still having the same problem;

then now when I tried it again it wouldn't even get past install wizard :

SIMS ERROR.jpg
  5. kaotic jezebel

kaotic jezebel Newcomer, in training

Im havin trrouble installin mine too. I get to 95% then it asks to put disk 2 in. I do that then it opens a folder with a sound clip an a folder. Go into the folder an find a zip file. If i click on the zip or close that down it continues to install but then says insert SIMS COLLECTION in, or the file is damaged.
  6. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

You may have a damaged second disk.
  7. Laura12

Laura12 Newcomer, in training

I have the same problem - get to 95% than a message says something about a cyclic error...something to do with expansion pack 4. any help would be much appreciated thankyou.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.