The Ulimate Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

lf036447

Hello all,

I have a machine which has pushed me to the limits of a sanity. When the problem first hit i spent around 18 hours trying to figure it out. My computer would just shut itself off like someone had cut the power. sometimes after this had happened, the power led would blink at me and i was not able to turn it back on until i had unplugged it and left it for some time.

After a week of frustration ( cutting my name into my skin ) i came to a solution. My onboard network card had gone tits up. Fine, no problem. i put in a PCI network card and disabled the onboard.

The machine was running stable and fine for about 2 weeks. Now it is doing it again.

There is no reason for it i can see. it can happen while loading into my desktop or while im playing a game. Company of heros, left for dead, counter strike. it doesnt really matter what im doing. it just switches off.

my system speccs are:

AMD Duel core 6000+ AM2
Nvidia 9800 GTX
4 Gig DDR2 Corsair XM2 800MHZ RAM
MSI K9N Motherboard
2 x Seagate 160 gig Sata Harddisks.
Corsiar TX640 PSU 52 Amps on 12V Rail.

OS is Vista ultimate 64bit.

Cooling is not the problem. i have looked into that. there are no error logs. is it possible the motherboard is not seated properly and is shorting out? Ram is brand new and fine, CPU is brand new. All suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back