The Ultimate Dell Dimension 2400 upgrade

I currently own a Dell Dimension 2400 with 1.25 Gigs of Ram, a Celron 2.2 socket socket 478. I also have a GeForce4 MX 4000 128 MB, S-Video/TV out and a regular monitor out. There is a sixty gig hard drive. I have purchased a P4 2.8 I have yet to install. I have been looking for the best PCI video card for the money. The best one I have found is the eVGA GeForce 6200; the problem is my case is 50 watts shy of the 300 mark.

I found some other 256 MB one that was OK. I need TV out as it currently goes out analog to a 27 inch TV. I am getting a new one with S video. I also plan on getting two gigs of ram.

I am hoping for some suggestions on how I can best spend a hundred dollars to upgrade this computer. The processor cost $6, a new video card I am willing to spend about fifty, and another GIG of RAM is about $20. What would be the obvious motherboard upgrade? I really am content to push the original motherboard. It is an OG1548. I am going to throw in a $20 DVD burner and an old hard drive I have. The lowest setting of youtube staggers, though Netflix streams fine. I want, at most, play Bioshock or Half Life II. I understand DIablo II is pretty much out of the question. Starcraft II would be a dream, because I have a logon. I am also curious if my motherboard would allow the P4 to be overclocked, and if not, what third party program would allow for suck tweaking? I read one guys post how he overclocked a 2.8 to 3.5. I'd just like to know what is realistic performance wise with my specs and budget. Thanks.

Attachments

• werertwertwertwret.JPG
    werertwertwertwret.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
Back