The Ultimate Troubleshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjonz

I just installed a new program, which i thought was so worthwhile I would share it here. I found it on a google search (searching start items) and then found it to be a favorite of Bobbye who is a Techspot Evangilist here.

The program is called The Ultimate Troubleshooter. More info can be found about this program on this site at https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3306-the-ultimate-troubleshooter.html

I had been using winpatrol (free) and was researching each start up item. This process is quite tedious and even with sites like uniblue's Process Library, the question of delete or not was never obvious. Previously I had tried Security Task Manager which gave indications, but not clear cut details on what programs were necessary and which were not.

Yesterday I installed The Ultimate Troubleshooter. With this program there is no grey area. Just click on a Service, Task, or Start-Up item and there is a clear explination as to why that process should be keeped, deleted or disabled. A right click gives the option to delete, disable, terminate..... If addition proceedures are required a detailed window explains how. The program even identifies and explains all your service hosts.

Since installing I have deleted (or diabled) 5 start-up items, stopped 5 services, stopped 12 tasks from running in the back ground (only 38 running now). Windows now boots MUCH faster. Also, I have freed up 5% memory (79% to 84%).

The program also has a host of other useful utilties.

The program costs $30 ($25 - I found a $5 coupon by doing a google search), but for me it is well worth it to be able to confidently control my start-up items and back ground tasks and services.

Happy Computering
jj

jj, thank you for letting us know! Have you tried 'Housekeeping' yet? There is so much to that program and I don't know of any other that gives you full control to manage everything in the system.

It's also a great way to make changes to the Startup menu without having to use the msconfig utility!

This alone would be worth the cost of the program:
Since installing I have deleted (or diabled) 5 start-up items, stopped 5 services, stopped 12 tasks from running in the back ground (only 38 running now). Windows now boots MUCH faster. Also, I have freed up 5% memory (79% to 84%).

Doing it all from one place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back