The Wall

olefarte

Having been a Pink Floyd fan, since there beginning, I can't believe I haven't seen Roger Water's "The Wall" concert from Berlin in 1990, a tape of it I mean. At any rate, just in case there's someone else on this forum, besides me, that didn't see it and living in the US, it's playing on Direct TV's FreeView this month. And if you are hooked up to a stereo system, the sound is awesome.

If you care anything at all about Pink Floyd, don't miss it. It's got to be one of the biggest and best live productions ever. The "Wall" itself is simply amazing. Some might think it a little strange, but watch it anyway.

the wall dvd is also alvaliable in the uk,saw roger waters last year at wembly areana,still an inspirational songwriter

The DVD is probably available here too, more than likely, I just haven't seen it, or looked for it. There are so many Pink Floyd reissues and remixes of old stuff, that I don't even look at it anymore, because I have all of it already, CD's that is.

Hey Olefarte, are u referring to the concert that opened up with the Scorpions doing In the Flesh, and continued on with artists such as Sinead O' Conner doing Mother, and Bryan Adams stepping in for..."...I am just a new boy...a stranger in this town..."(forgot the name". If so, you are absolutely correct, this is a must have/see, I have it on VHS and use to watch it religiously while learning the guitar parts...and just listening to and watching how Rogers sings and acts on stage.....a true artist....pick up "Amused to Death" if u haven't already....Waters finest work since, "The Final Cut".

I think that's probably the same, although I didn't see the Scorpions open, or at least missed it. But Sinead O'Conner, Bryan Adams, Van Morrison and Cindi Lauper, probably a few others were in the concert. Your VHS tape may have little more on it than the Direct TV concert.

Back