TechSpot

The War Z beta starts October 31, preorder bonuses revealed

By Matthew
Oct 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Folks eager to play Hammerpoint Interactive's upcoming sandbox survival title will be able to get in on the action as early as October 15 or October 31, depending on how much you're willing to pony up. The War Z is...

Read more
  2. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,669   +59

Looks spooky :)
  3. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

That looks pretty sick, I hope the controls are better than day z. But is there going to be a monthly fee to play with the final product?
  4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

This game looks very promising, reminds me of STALKER + L4D.

so long as it doesn't turn out like Dead Island's shitty controls. the control for Deadisland really killed it.
  5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,061   +84 Staff Member

Nope.
    ReederOnTheRun likes this.
  6. howzz1854

Yeah how does the final pricing scheme going to play out. is it like a one time sale fee? I really don't want to do a subscription, that'll really kill the game for me.
  7. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

If it's anything like DayZ, it will get boring quickly. I haven't played it in a while, but the only way not to spend 2 hours being defenseless was to exploit game limitations.
  8. howzz1854

Sounds like this game will need a good public demo. or I won't be buying it without trying.
  9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,237   +79

Sounds like a lot of people should go to the games site and read the FAQ!
    Matthew likes this.
  10. howzz1854

11. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 399   +35

Looks like fun... reminds me of STALKER as well. I loved STALKER. I will definitely be checking this out.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.