TechSpot

The "why is that OS stupid?" thread

By Marnomancer
Jun 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just mulling over and chuckling at the differences between Windows and Linux and other OSes, and came up with this. I have one at hand, and though I'd share it.
    248163_368097299916631_615136125_n.jpg
    Anyone's guess who that is aimed at. :p

So, what's your thought?

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,463   +243

I'd have to say Windows:)

3. Doctor John

Doctor John TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

Yep, it does have a Windows feel to it...:D

4. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TS Booster Posts: 375   +64

Windows! And a friend of mine who builds and repairs PCs says he's seen people click "Yes..." to that offer.

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,373   +289

I've clicked it before just so I could punch it in the face if it was able to look it up ;)

6. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 808   +51

Ha-ha! :D
    Have any experiences to share about which OS you think is the stupidest and why?

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,602   +629

Windows... It's the only OS I've used that has ever offered to check online for the solution to a connection problem, just like the picture suggests.

OSX is second, always insisting I reopen all my programs upon startup (up until the most recent update, of course).

8. mooney12

mooney12 TS Member Posts: 88

omg, thats hillarious!

9. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,724   +63

Hmm gonna say windows 7 is stupid because microsoft would and will not let me redownload windows 7! If I knew that I would have NEVER bought a digital copy or I would have backed it up like 3 times instead of just on my now stolen USB flash drive.:mad:

10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,595

Try these links:
    These are download links for Windows install media not Windows activation keys, you must supply your own key for Windows to activate.

11. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,724   +63

That's actually where I downloaded Windows 7 from the other day and got the missing drivers error on install with several dvd burns and a usb flash drive attempts. I have a legit product key. Maybe I had a bad download.

12. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 808   +51

Jeez guys, this isn't a Tech Support thread. :oops:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.