The Witcher Trilogy is just $11.22 at Steam

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Bottom line: Valve as part of its ongoing midweek madness sale is offering a killer deal on all three games in The Witcher series. It's unclear how long Steam will offer The Witcher Trilogy at this low price. If you are interested, I'd go ahead and grab it ASAP or pick up any of the missing titles to complete the collection if you already have one or two of the others.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition are both marked down 85 percent. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, meanwhile, is 80 percent off. Individually, the games are selling for $1.49, $2.99 and $7.99, respectively, which totals $12.47. If you buy all three as part of the bundle, you'll save an extra 10 percent, bringing the price down to just $11.22.

That'd normally be a good price just for The Witcher 3, but here you're getting all three.

The original game in The Witcher series dropped back in 2007 to largely positive reviews from critics. A sequel followed four years later that garnered an even higher score on Metacritic. The third installment, aptly named The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, landed in 2015 as the high point in the franchise – at least, based on its Metacritic score of 92 and 9.2 user score.

Permalink to story.

You're right. The bundle has no end date.

But the individual games say:
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 2 May

Can I just play witcher 3? or should I play em all?

Combat changed a lot from Witcher to Witcher 2. The combat in the first game was overly simplified and the combat in the second game, to me, felt like it was designed to cater to the console crowd. After 4 or 5 hours of trying to play the second game I couldn't get over my dislike for how the combat felt and I stopped playing it.

I don't know how the combat feels in the third game. The only thing that kept me playing through the first game was the story, I found it to be pretty good, but every other aspect of the game was kind of meh.

I'm not sure if you would miss out on anything story wise if you just jumped into the third entry of the series.

I've heard people say you don't need to, but for how cheap the the bundle is, buy the bundle and see if the earlier ones are worth playing?

I'm thinking about it myself.
For that price, yes, they are worth. However, if you expect something close to third, you will be in for a disappointment. I played them when they were released and heavily enjoyed them, especially the first, but replaying them was pretty ugly after the third. The first one is old style isometric and the second is like a stiff, washed, cut down version with tons of bugs.

I remember each game that came out was a reason to upgrade pc.

Great memories.

My personal rankings : W3>W1>W2. W2 way over did it with QTE and Bloom.

Back