The 'world's best selfie smartphone' is apparently the Sony Xperia C3

Scorpus

Staff member

Sony has today released a smartphone which they claim has the world's best selfie camera, the Xperia C3. The mid-range device comes with a large 5.5-inch 720p display, but most importantly a 5-megapixel front-facing camera paired with an LED flash.

The front-facing selfie camera features a lens with an 80 degree field of view, and on the software front there are dedicated selfie apps plus Sony's fantastic Superior Auto shooting mode with intelligent scene detection. For those looking to take more traditional photos, the rear camera packs an 8-megapixel sensor alongside another LED flash.

As for other hardware, Sony has included a Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC with a 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU (likely Snapdragon 400), plus 1 GB of RAM, a 2500 mAh battery, and 8 GB of internal NAND that can be expanded upon by using the microSD card slot. Connectivitiy includes Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, LTE and Bluteooth 4.0.

The Xperia C3 will be available in China from next month, with other markets to follow. Currently there's no word on how much this smartphone will cost, but as it fits into Sony's mid-range line-up, don't expect it to cost a huge amount.

Permalink to story.

What is the point in having a device with such a great front-facing camera when the phones display is not even 1080p and the rest of the phone is crap? I know they said mid-range smartphone, but come on! They are basically telling you that you can take AMAZING front-facing photos but you can't see them worth crap... only the person you are sending them to with at least a 1080p screen with get the visual pleasure. Kind of dumb, please bump the screen up to 1080p and this phone might have a chance. But I like how the cheap phones get these amazing features and can't use them properly; and the high-end phone don't get them and they CAN use them properly. It is all just a big money game... what a load of garbage.

5.5 Inch screen should come with 1080p res at this point in the evolution of smart phones, but personally I don't take picture with my phone to look at on my phone, they get uploaded to my Google+ where I can actually enjoy them without squinting. It really depends on where Sony plans to price this "World's best Selfie" smart phone, the act of which is absolutely juvenile IMO.

Hey!Give it a rest will ya,its a Mid-ranged phone and is quite better than any offerings from samsung.The Selfie thing is a sure marketing stunt but kudos for Sony for Bringing a LED flash in the front.

What is the point in having a device with such a great front-facing camera when the phones display is not even 1080p and the rest of the phone is crap? I know they said mid-range smartphone, but come on! They are basically telling you that you can take AMAZING front-facing photos but you can't see them worth crap... only the person you are sending them to with at least a 1080p screen with get the visual pleasure. Kind of dumb, please bump the screen up to 1080p and this phone might have a chance. But I like how the cheap phones get these amazing features and can't use them properly; and the high-end phone don't get them and they CAN use them properly. It is all just a big money game... what a load of garbage.

Do you think that Instagram or Whatsapp or Facebook provides 1080p resolution???

Why does it have LED flash in front? You can just turn your phone around and do the same. By the way, whoever buys phone just to take selfies is a complete *****.

Back