TechSpot

There is a yellow exclamation mark on my Ethernet Controller

By Allaryce
Dec 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I'm kinda of a newbie and I don't know what is my model but first things first
    . I have to find my model
    and there is no sound either.Idk when this happend but before it was always working..
    Its not a clean install.It happend when I off the computer to unplug the mouse's cables
    because the mouse was not moving

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +184

Well first off how are you posting if your Ethernet Controller is not working? Or are you on wifi. Well either way. To help you. You will need to post your computers specs and Model Number, and who it is made buy. If this computer is a retail computer.

3. Allaryce

Allaryce TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Umm actually I'm on another computer its a AMD Athlon I remember something like that..Sorry! I'm not good

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

The yellow mark is saying that the driver is missing, the wrong one or it is malconfigured.

Delete the driver from the adaptor and reboot; the system will find the correct one and reinstall it for you.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.