Thermaltake, BMW announce new Level 10 M mouse

Leeky

Following up from a teaser reveal back in January, Thermaltake has officially announced a new Level 10 product at this year's CeBIT as part of their design consultancy partnership with BMW subsidiary DesignworksUSA, now in its third year. The Level 10 M mouse looks just as radical as the previously released Level 10 cases, and is the first of a new line of gaming peripherals from the joint collaboration.

The mouse has been built with ergonomics in mind. The base is made of solid aluminum which the company says will "ensure both durability and tenaciousness" along with the open design which allows for plenty of air ventilation to prevent "issues due to heavy use and direct touch of gaming equipment."

thermaltake bmw tag team level mouse

It certainly looks very different to most gaming mice and there's no denying that a lot seems to be going on with the design. It offers plenty of additional benefits, not least of which is the vents on the top of the device, which combined with the open design should help keep your palms cool during extended gaming sessions.

More traditional functions include "3D steering" axis movement, to adjust the height and angle of the top section. In all, there are 11 buttons, each of which is programmable. The mouse uses an adjustable 8200DPI sensor, and employs a function lock mechanism to prevent accidental key presses by locking the side keys.

thermaltake bmw tag team level mouse

A bundled application will give owners the ability to change the lighting effect with a choice of seven different color schemes. Naturally, the application can also be used to configure the settings for button combinations, as well as the sensitivity of the mouse.

The Thermaltake Level 10 M will hit store shelves sometime this Spring. There has been no confirmation just yet on pricing, but the company says it will be available in diamond black, iron white and military green variants.

Permalink to story.

That is one trippy looking mouse. Be interesting to see what the reviews say about it.

This looks like an absolutely terrible mouse. I'm no claw gripper, I use palm grip technique. But I cannot fathom using this for precise, intense and long gaming sessions which is, for me, on a daily basis.

Sorry but unless they add some sort of wing for thumb grip, I'm not using it.

Guest said:
This looks like an absolutely terrible mouse. I'm no claw gripper, I use palm grip technique. But I cannot fathom using this for precise, intense and long gaming sessions which is, for me, on a daily basis.

Sorry but unless they add some sort of wing for thumb grip, I'm not using it.

This, the side just puts me off, it will be uncomfortable from the look of it , at least for me.

The shape reminds me a bit of those ancient IBM mice with the buttons that kind of wrapped down over the front.

this mouse is nice the last one was nice too you can move stuff around and you can adjust almost anything on this mouse to have the perfect grip. The last model was amazing i wonder what this has new. but not something id use.

mudvayne819 said:
maybe im mistaking with another mouse :3

You were thinking of the Cyborg R.A.T. series weren't you? ;)

Agreed though, if this is anything like them then it will probably be quite nice to use. I was after a left handed version myself :)

Actually I just looked at the pictures on the website, its even got the red cable underneath where your hand rests! It's definately got a far few design ques from Cyborg R.A.T. mice.

Actually I just looked at the pictures on the website, its even got the red cable underneath where your hand rests! It's definately got a far few design ques from Cyborg R.A.T. mice.

I thought the same as well.

I would however, purchase this mouse over the Cyborg, as I much prefer the design of this. I'm actually quite tempted to buy one when they become available.

Um, hey Leeky, nice to see such a lavish resurgence of British pride.....
Should I be expecting another invasion of Pennsylvania to be occurring forthwith?

I'll put water on for tea, and maybe frame up a picture of Prince Chuck in anticipation of the "redcoat's" arrival........

I take it you still haven't found out the price of that mouse yet......I expect the level 10 mouse will have a level 12 price tag....

:haha: Nah, your safe for now Sir.

No, I don't expect it will be cheap, but I'll take my chances I think.

When you have a "winged" thumb area, it's design/purpose is so that your thumb (fingers) rest upon that and don't glid, or touch the mousing surface.

It is exactly opposite of what you want, if you want GRIP. Grip implies the ability ti lift the mouse and have use of it's weight. Looking at this Level 10 M Mouse, you can easily have mechanical life by the rails (cutouts) which are what claw-gamerz like.

(I hope to cut the whole palm rest right off when I get mine)

Back