Thermaltake has a 41,600 mAh portable charging station

Scorpus

Staff member

One of the gadgets Thermaltake was showing off shortly before Computex 2014 commenced, at the opening International Press Conference, is a portable charging station called the P-Mega, which boasts a huge 41,600 mAh LG-made battery inside.

It's hard to describe the P-Mega as small: it's a pretty sizable cube that definitely won't fit inside your pocket, plus the massive battery makes the whole unit weigh just under a kilogram. The idea is not that you'll carry it around on a daily basis, but that you might bring it on a long trip where power points aren't necessarily easy to come by.

The P-Mega is able to charge six devices at once, three through 10 watt (5V 2A) USB ports, and another three through 5 watt (5V 1A) USB ports. It also comes with an LED "mood light" around the top edge, which adds some flare to an otherwise bland grey cube.

Thermaltake's P-Mega is already selling as the LUXA2 P-Mega charging station, which will set you back just under $130. I'll be checking out Thermaltake's Computex booth at a later stage, where there should be some more products to highlight from the company.

Permalink to story.

I purchased Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Pro 15000mAh just 1 month ago, didn't want to get Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh, because the former was an overkill for my needs already, plus the latter is a little larger and heavier.

I'm very glad with the purchase, I can charge iPhone 5 multiple times to 100%, and at least 1 time iPad 4 to 100%, with some juice still left. It is really more than I need. And it still fits in a pocket.

Portability is always an issue with such things. And as for the one in this article - you wouldn't need it for anything less than an ultrabook. And even for an ultrabook it is one hell of a brick.

I can buy a portable 100cc, 5Kw petrol (gasoline for those who speak American) powered 220v, 15A generator for much the same price here AND I can plug my mobile device chargers into it as well as my desktop PC and a few other things. Far better value for money as far as I'm concerned. The only problem is it's a wee bit heavier and noisier but the trade off is worth it. ;) Oh yes, it doesn't have flashy blue lights but it does have wheels and it's manufactured by Honda.

Last edited:
I just only bring a travel charger and/or car charger with me.. if I need to, I just bring another spare of (charged) battery for my cellphone

I can buy a portable 100cc, 5Kw petrol (gasoline for those who speak American) powered 220v, 15A generator for much the same price here AND I can plug my mobile device chargers into it as well as my desktop PC and a few other things. Far better value for money as far as I'm concerned. The only problem is it's a wee bit heavier and noisier but the trade off is worth it. ;) Oh yes, it doesn't have flashy blue lights but it does have wheels and it's manufactured by Honda.
You could, but you may want to run that through at least a UPS to try and clean up that power. I'd hate to power phones/computers off of something that seems to me like it would be incredibly 'noisy' in an electrical sense.

You could, but you may want to run that through at least a UPS to try and clean up that power. I'd hate to power phones/computers off of something that seems to me like it would be incredibly 'noisy' in an electrical sense.
You're right, portable genny's don't deliver the cleanest, smoothest power known to man. If I chuck in a UPS or CVT as well it could work out a bit on the 'hard to swallow' side, but if I ever needed an on-the-go charger then maybe this one would be worth a second look... if the price plummeted drastically enough naturally.

Take one or two of these bad boy hook it up to a 250watt solar panel with an inverter to charge most of the day while you are out and about at work or school and change your phone and tablets maybe even your laptop with it at night...

Back