TechSpot

Thermaltake intros 'Dokker' chassis with built-in HDD dock

By Matthew
Nov 23, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Thermaltake has unveiled a new desktop PC case with a built-in hard drive dock. Fittingly named "Dokker," the mid-tower chassis has a top-mounted HDD cradle that lets you easily attach and remove 2.5 and 3.5-inch SATA drives. Along with that handy feature, the $65 enclosure has all the trimmings you'd expect in a budget performance chassis.

Read the whole story
  2. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TS Enthusiast Posts: 196

Oh man!! I loved it already! Just what I was looking for! Mid tower, budget, room and, the most important, a modest front panel! This is it! this is the worthy replacement! I don't really need the HDD cradle on the top, but I can live with it!
  3. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

I'm sticking to my Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced :p
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,347   +397

Can't say as I like the placing of that docking mechanism. There are a lot of computer desks out there that won't allow the additional 3-5" standing up like that. Think it would have made more sense placing it on the side or in the front of the case.
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

I'll stick with my Cooler Master Cosmos S thank you.

It has the Mesh, Size and Fan placements but it better made and doesn't have a hard drive sticking out the top of it.

I'm sorry, but that has to be the worst placement for a hard drive I have ever seen, just put a hot swappable bay at the front for Christ sake!
  6. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

I actually like that, and the dock would be handy for me as well. But its not a super tower, and I can't fit a 3x120mm radiator in there unfotunately, so thats out then. :(

If only it was a super tower....
  7. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

I've got one of their older super tower cases, a black Zaser III, with red trim up front. Knowing Thermaltake, I'm sure they'll fit that dock to their new tower cases soon enough.
  8. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Very nice especially for the price, but if I buy a new case soon, it'll be the CM 690 II. My original is getting old
  9. I'm quite happy with my CM HAF 922; affordable, roomy, tremendous airflow, mostly tool-less design...very nice.
  10. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 275

You guys have to remember this is a $65 case. It wasn't too long ago that you couldn't get this kind of feature-set and quality in anything within that price range. The HD placement is a bit odd though; for cases on the floor, it makes sense, but then the USB, and audio jacks aren't at the top as well. Still, this is a very nice case for a budget build.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.