TechSpot

Thermaltake intros Overseer RX-I eSports gaming chassis

By Matthew
Sep 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Thermaltake's eSports series grew one chassis stronger today with the enthusiast-grade Overseer RX-I. Priced at €102 (~$140), the full tower crams the functionality of Thermaltake's $160 Chaser MK-I into a…

Read the whole story

2. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 168

I am definitely interested in a gaming case. But not for gaming! No -- I love how some of these are built with quiet in mind.

I'm seriously torn between this one, the Rosewill cases that I've seen on NewEgg, and a Fractal "Quiet" case that has damping material right in the chassis. The only thing that bugs me about THAT is the weight. On the other hand, any good case is gonna weigh a fair amount.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm looking long and hard at lots of different case options, but the gaming case is the best-in-class for a variety of reasons. Mostly, they are generally designed for modularity, have nice fans, offer the correct cooling position for the PSU (bottom-mounted) and are often tool-less in design.

- S

3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

I agree, sammy... Gaming cases do seem to get you great features, but do so at a price point that isn't as painful as some of the top-end enthusiast or designer cases. If I'm building a PC that doesn't have specific constraints (like size or serious budget limitations), I almost always go with a gaming case. The decent ones are built with heat flow in mind, noise reduction is often a priority, but (most importantly to me) they are built to be easy to service and upgrade. That modularity is a huge feature for me.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.