TechSpot

These trojan/dialers are beating me up...please help

By J-Rok
Aug 29, 2006
  1. Although I consider myself to be pretty conscious(read: paranoid) about viruses and keep my system protected, I somewhow managed to get nabbed by a few trojan horse/dialers yesterday. The main one that AVG(& the host of other virus scanners I ran seems to be "Trojan Horse Generic.WUE." However, there are a few others that are caught by AVG that include Dialer.BZB.

Can someone please assist me in getting these effin' things off my system? You have no idea how much I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can offer me.

-J-Rok

P.S. I know this is my 1st post, but everytime I goolge 1 of these trojans, this site is always the first result. I figure y'all gotta be doing something right!:)

2. fenderzone1200

fenderzone1200 TS Rookie

3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

Have a read through THIS and then post a HJT log.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Follow the instructions in the link as provided by N3051M.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of J-Rok only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.