TechSpot

Think I need a new video driver..

By deandeandean
Oct 2, 2009
  1. So I had the BSOD for weeks up until yesterday. The cause was the display adapter 'NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE' which of course I disabled because it would bring up the BSOD.

My friend uninstalled it, then installed it again, but when i enabled it the problem wasn't fixed. My videos would take aggges to load, and everything was laggy (like it was without it being enabled)

Then when I tried to watch TV on my pc, via a freeview box, the BSOD came up again, so I had to disable that driver again.

What should I do now?
    D/L a new display adapter?
    Re-install it again?

Thanks

2. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,554

First logical step is to download the lastest driver from the manufacturer. If that does do the trick , then it's likely a hardware problem and you either test the video card using a diagnostic program or swap a new video card in and see if it works.

-- Andy

3. deandeandean

deandeandean TS Rookie Topic Starter

No display drivers were available from the dell website for the model of my pc.

That's where the problem is - the display adapter. The yellow ! comes up when I enable it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.