Thinking about upgrading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Toddy

I'm thinking about upgrading my system, but I'm not sure what I want. I'm either upgrading my speakers or my graphics card. My current speakers are the cheap ( but decent) Cambridge Soundworks 4.1 surround sound speakers. My current graphics card is a GeForce 3 Ti200. I was thinking about either upgrading to the Logitech Z-680 5.1 speakers (to compliment my Sound Blaster Audigy 2) or the Radeon 9700 Pro. Both are about the same price, and I only have the money to get one. So, which should I get? Ahhh.... I hate hard decisions.

Forget about upgrading speakers and go for a home hi-fi setup from a reputable local dealer. PC hi-fi is a con and not worth it, IMHO.

I would go for the graphics card. Never saw a GPU upgrade that didn't do some good.

And RAM, too. HDD space if you have a broadband connection.

But then its also nice to add some new feature through a PCI card as well.

I would upgrade the graphics card.

yeh, you can notice a BIG difference when upgrading graphics cards.

Also 4.1 is still pretty nice.

I'm not a music freak, i only have two speaker (not good ones) on my onboard soundcard :D:D

I personally didn't care for the Logitech speakers you mentioned.

If you're going to upgrade from 4.1 I'd wait and get a decent 6.1 system.

Creative Labs has a $75 rebate on the Megaworks 6.1 THX 600 watts system with free shipping so they would cost $325. I have these speakers and they rock whether I'm playing games, watching DVD's or listening to MP3's. I've personally been very impressed with these speakers. Runs really well with the Audigy 2 card. Check out their website.

Of course I also have the ATI Radeon 9700 and it's a pretty sweet video card.

Tough choice....

Ok

definetly get a ATI Radeon 9700. They asre like..the BEST! Pro I think might not be as good as original, but If you want both, save up. What is your computer specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back