Thinking of new build using AMD APU

pw2much

Hello everyone! I'm contemplating on building a new desktop PC, using amd new A6-3650 Quad-core 2.66Ghz Radeon HD 6550D APU and ASUS - F1A75-V Pro Motherboard and Kingston's KHX1600C9D3K3/12GX memory(3x4GB) or12GB. so far that's the extent of my research, now I need suggestions on a decent Video card for this motherboard or weather I need one or not I'm not a gamer and as always I intend to install Corsairs PSU I'm thinking 750 or above? Maybe the 650w might be enough. With maybe a blu-ray burner and a multi-burner to offset the blu-ray.I will also put everything in a NZXT Tempest computer case. All and any input welcome!also along with everything else I want Windows 7 Ultimate running in it.

Here are a few articles on AnandTech for the A8-3850, might still be helpful even though you're considering a A6-3650 build. From what I've seen so far the power envelope isn't that high, 650 watts would likely be more than enough. Have also seen some information that memory speed can have an impact on graphics performance, so you might want to research that a bit further.

AMD A8-3850 : An HTPC Perspective

The AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano on the Desktop

The Llano Desktop Preview: AMD A8-3850 CPU & GPU Performance

So you think I'd be better off with the A8-3850 too! That was my first choice and yeah the 650w should be enough,so any suggestions on a Video card or do you think I need one I'm not a gamer but I do love good movies and videos.all my computers are connected with my TV & audio receiver.

Back