ThinkPad 600 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have changed my CMOS battery but it did nothing to solve my problem. I show SystemBoard DEV 01, ERR 41, FRU 1110. I have searched and can find nothing on this particular code. Additionally, the computer starts, goes to the Windows 2000 Server Family logo and says it is starting. Goes %100 percent through the progress bar, then a blue screen with white writing pops up momentarily. Not long enough to catch a glimpse of the message. The process starts all over again and would continue non-stop if I did not turn it off. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

What you have a Windows problem with a few possible causes. Here's a list of hardware / software problems in the order which I see most frequently.

1. Hardware
    • Failing hard drive
    • Failing memory
    • Incompatible BIOS (solved with a BIOS update)
    • CPU / Board / electronics problems
  2. Software
    • Corrupted system files / file system (Usually caused by failing hard drive)
    • Virus / malware infection
    • Certain driver and system-level software issues

Given the age of the laptop, (600s were around 1999-2000 I believe) failing hard drive is very likely. You can refer to this post for utilities where you can diagnose the problem yourself and determine if it is a failing drive:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back