This crowdfunded lunar mission wants to send your selfies to the moon

By Shawn Knight
Nov 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In what is being described by its creators as the most inspirational lunar project since the Apollo landings, a new Kickstarter project aims to send an unmanned robotic landing module to an unexplored area of the moon.

Read more
  2. H3rmit

H3rmit TS Rookie

Im glad people understand that NASA is a joke and that if we are going to learn as much as possible about space we got to do it our self. even if nasa did do it the info of what they found would never see the light of day.
  3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,521   +677

Ahhhhh come on and be fair! NASA creates some of the best bottle rockets we've seen this year and what they can't build, the fund somebody else to!

Honestly, in the early days NASA was tremendous. They took a presidential challenge to heart and pulled this nation together better than anyone else could have. If we had a president that had the vision raw courage that Kennedy had, just imagine where we would be today.

Besides, if they need to get a selfie now days, all they need is to get on that Russian web site .... they got plenty of them; probably yours too!
  4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Ten year wait? I'd suggest that if exploration of a desolate and lifeless environment are the criteria, EverBank Field is a whole lot closer and cheaper. It's not as if the time capsule would be crushed under the weight of expectation.
    RebelFlag likes this.
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,463   +1,760

These "crowd sourced projects", are the "squeegee men" of the tech industry .

Some days you just want to drive home in peace, without some a****** trying to clean your windshield, have a bucket shoved in you face for some megalomaniac preacher's shelter, (which happens to be in another state), or some 9 year old pounding on a pair of snare drums, without rhyme, reason, or rhythm, collecting for some nameless drum line scam.

Them's the facts of, "grass roots crowd sourced funding". Now excuse me while I roll up my window, and flip a few people the bird...:mad: