This is the simulator that racing fans dream of

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Are you a racing simulator fan that’s looking for a bit more realism compared to something as simple as a racing wheel and pedals? This setup from Czech company Motion-Sim could be just what you’ve been dreaming about.

According to the company’s website, the simulator features four hydraulic legs, three 27-inch LED displays and a racing wheel / pedals. It’s said to provide static overload (G-force) of up to 0.5G and dynamic overload of up to 2G.

Despite my best efforts, I was unable to locate a sale price for the simulator (which probably means it’s very expensive). If you’re dying to know more, click over to the YouTube page and shoot an e-mail to the address listed in the description.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

After having watched Mad Max Fury Road, this simulator seems rather boring. You are still glued to the sit after all.

No sense of fire burning your face or spikes tearing down your a$$, no drug-inflicted fury :)

Also, you could probably buy an actual car for the cost of that. (At least what it looks like it should cost)

True, but how many people are going to be able to extract the same level of enjoyment from said car, for the same long-term price? A racing enthusiast isn't going to bother playing video games -- they actually go to the track. There's also the added benefit of not having to insure, fuel, and maintain a simulator.

Oh, any number of flight, car, tank simulators would work just fine. I would REALLY love to see it adapted to a flight simulator ...... WOW

How about manually changing gears? That would emmerce you more IMO

The angles of facing down and up while the car is on the road are quite off the mark, it should be flat more. I also don't see why it needs to sway so far back and forth when the car is straight.

Also, the bezels/splits between the screens look cheap/crappy.
Get an UltraWide curved 21:9.
Minor picking aside, it looks awesome!

The angles of facing down and up while the car is on the road are quite off the mark, it should be flat more. I also don't see why it needs to sway so far back and forth when the car is straight.

The degree of up/down pitch is necessary to approximate forward and backward g forces.

I want to use this with the Oculus Rift or some other VR headset.

Interesting idea, but I don't think this will work quite right for a VR headset, the freedom of movement isn't there, unless your implying the use of a VR headset with a racing game and this setup, in which case yes, absolutely that would be amazing. The only issue then is the audio, and thus my biggest concern with VR in general, how do you recreate a proper surround sound setup (5 speakers and subwoofer) when your always rotating? I honestly don't care for the simulated surround sound headphones that exist.

However, with some nicer monitors, subwoofer in the seat of the chair and speakers spaced at a proper distance this would be the death of me, I'd never want to leave that seat.

Nah, not interested. For me it would be a 4k, 65" tv with my current setup. Not interested in three screens with those bezels getting in the way. The rift or one of its competitors might be nice too.

True, but how many people are going to be able to extract the same level of enjoyment from said car, for the same long-term price? A racing enthusiast isn't going to bother playing video games -- they actually go to the track. There's also the added benefit of not having to insure, fuel, and maintain a simulator.
Top gear had an episode where they talked about (and raced with) people racing cars that cost less than a thousand pounds-ish. The racing community had a rule that you'd have to sell your car to anyone who asked for the price ceiling, to prevent people from cheating. It looked like a lot of fun.

Also, you could probably buy an actual car for the cost of that. (At least what it looks like it should cost)

A lot of racing enthusiasts play sims and less sim like racing games, I run a ton of events with my local automotive group (Vinland motorsport in Newfoundland Canada) and I still love to pick up a racing wheel and play me some Forza. The biggest difference is now that I'm into my 30's and have life/wife/other assorted **** to devote time to I simply don't have the time to be out doing an autoX or TSD rally every other day like I did in my early 20's so being able to pick up the racing wheel and hit a few buttons for a really similarly enjoyable experience is really nice most of the time. The sim will never top the actual feel of slicing across and apex in my 09' Mercedes C300 AMG sport but it's really surprisingly close for what it is. Also the sheer cost in cash and time to prep my car for a weekend long TSD rally or a weekend of AutoX can get kinda daunting more than a few times a year.

Top gear had an episode where they talked about (and raced with) people racing cars that cost less than a thousand pounds-ish. The racing community had a rule that you'd have to sell your car to anyone who asked for the price ceiling, to prevent people from cheating. It looked like a lot of fun.
https://www.chumpcar.com/
I have several friends who race in this league among others and they always talk about how much fun it is.

Back