This program cannot run in dos mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem trying to download flash player 9 I've recently switched to Opera web browser, I was asked to download flash player plugin but when I click on the agree and install the next page is full of unreadable script and it also says this program cannot be run in dos mode. I don't know how to sort it out can anyone come up with a solution? would be most greatful thnx :D

flash 9 for opera ( linux )

Hi, hope this is of use to you, looked it up on the adobe website.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN FLASH PLAYER 9.0.31.0: SUPPORT FOR LINUX

Flash Player 9.0.31.0 for Linux includes all of the features from Flash Player 9.0.28.0 except for windowless mode and full-screen mode.

Flash Player 9.0.31.0 currently only supports the Firefox, Mozilla, and SeaMonkey browsers using GTK2. Instability issues are expected in all other, non-supported browsers, such as Opera, Konqueror, Netscape, Galeon.

Only ALSA is supported for microphone input and speaker output, and only Video4Linux v1 is supported for camera input.

Fixed in this version:
Prior audio/video synchronization issues have been resolved.
User can't type or delete when cursor is outside of the area of the running SWF.
Flash content does not print symbols at less that 100% alpha.
Motion Status remains the same even when motion is demonstrated for the Camera.
Best of luck but looks like it may be unreliable at the moment, there are updates and patches available on adobes download section which may help.
David

Well, your specs show you're using Windows XP. Make sure you have this version of Opera v9.25:
http://www.opera.com/download/

There is a cross-scripting vulnerability with the Flash player in Opera versions prior to 9.25.

Once you have updated, try the Flash download again. Please let us know how it goes.

Hum.. AFAIK Opera does not have a feature to install plugins automatically. What website are you downloading te plugin from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back