TechSpot

Thomson Speedtouch 330/ compiling software

By Samputer
Aug 12, 2006
  1. Hi guys

could ne1 out there plz explain to me how to install a thomson speedtouch 330 on ubuntu or any other linux distro?

i have some software yet i am unable to compile it as it says that i must do this even if u dont no nefing bout the speedtouch could you please give me a run down on compiling software on linux (i am using ubuntu but i presume they all work in a similiar manner - im a n00b tho so may b wrong lol)

Thanks in advance

Your friendly neighbourhood Samputer

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Where did you get that software from? I'm sure there are some instructions on the website.

"unable to" is not a very helpful expression. Should we start with turning on your computer and move on to mouse/keyboard basics or can we assume that you are already at the command prompt and can't quite figure out the error messages?

3. Samputer

Samputer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Hi,i forgot wherei found the software (i think it was some forum postifound when googling it) but as i remember the instructions were very bad or i could simply not follow them after being a linux newbie. hence i posted here but whilst looking for the site to post here i came accrss this and as it is l8 gonna give it a try tomoz:

http://www.steve-parker.org/speedtouchconf/

i may be doing the totally wrong thing because i cant find nefing specific to ubuntu but i will get back to you tomorrow after giving this a go.

the errors were all things such as cannot find the specified file or directory and BTW i managed to get into terminal lol thanx for the offer of mouse/keyboard tuition lol

Thanks again,

Samputer

4. Samputer

Samputer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Fantastic!

gr8 that tutorial i found was brilliant and all is now workin - sorry to waste ur time dude but thanx neways! Btw Ubuntu rocks

Samputer

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.