Thoughts on a new PC I might put together

Looks pretty good to me. Sort of strange to have a consumer desktop board with Two NICs however....Great for a NAS/Homesever but not really needed for desktop use.

Looks alright, a few suggestions though.

You might want to go with a standard ATX sized motherboard instead of the micro-ATX one you have chosen, considering the sized case you have chosen. An ATX motherboard will give you more features and more room to install PCI express components.

I recommend going for the i5-3570K over the i5-3470, as it will give you the ability to overclock if you desire, and leave overclocking as a possibility in the future if you don't right away.

If you do go for the 3570K, I would recommend a Z77 motherboard, as it allows for overclocking. If you choose to stay with the 3470, and choose not to overclock, then a H77 board will be adequate.

Getting an aftermarket CPU cooler will allow better overclocking and give better temperatures overall. Something like the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo will do just fine.

I assume that you will be gaming with this build. If you are going to be gaming at a 1080p resolution, spending a little bit extra on a GTX 660 Ti or an HD 7870 will give you a bit more performance. However, the GTX 660 will do just fine.

BTW, what Hard drive and/or SSD configuration where you looking at? And what exactly will the build be used for?

Back