1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

THQ decides to sell individual assets to Crytek, Sega, others

By Shawn Knight ยท 6 replies
Jan 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Late last year it was revealed that THQ had filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, reportedly entering into a stalking horse bid with investment firm Clearlake Capital Group shortly after. We have now learned the fate of the games company:...

Read more

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,977   +747

If this affects Company of Heroes 2 I will be very, no, extremely upset.
    I even pre-purchased the game!

I haven't done that since Crysis 2...

3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Who in the hell is Koch Media? I was really hoping Crytek was going to take over Metro, but now it's a company out of left field. Maybe they can finally make a name for themselves, or they'll kill a series.

4. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 968   +212

Bummed that Sega ended up with the 40k series

5. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Addict Posts: 439   +84

I see THQ from the freeway, from time to time when I come from work. Wonder what's going to happened from that building. When I used to work at Fry's electronics dudes would mention that they will go work for THQ as a game tester. I was never a big fan of their games.

Wonder what THQ did wrong.

6. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Evangelist Posts: 348   +124

Crytek took the easy one too, you can't make Homefront worse then it was..

Maybe Sega can kick Relic's *** and make them a good, innovative company again, warhammer series was becoming a serious joke. Last thing they did really well was their very fist game Homeworld.. after that it was a downhill slide then off a steep cliff into Lions bay.

UBI's involvement in anything is like Uwe Boll's involvement in ANY movie production..

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +629

I don't exactly know THQ's history, but here are my thoughts:

- Saints Row 2 & 3 failed. Where 1 was on-par with the GTA series, #2 was supposed to overtake - bit it failed horribly and their PC port even worse.
    - Warhammer 40K - rehash, rehash everywhere.
    - Have a look at their games list. It's rehashes and games based on real-life. There's only a handful of really great standout games.