Three apps to combine all your messaging clients into one

Jos

Staff

Instant messaging apps are an increasingly crowded market and despite your best efforts to keep it simple using a single platform, sometime you can’t avoid keeping to or three around to keep in touch with different people. In any given day I get hundreds of notifications from HipChat, WhatsApp, Telegram, Skype and my business’ Facebook Page.

While most of these clients are mobile-first nowadays, thankfully for my sake all offer some form of desktop counterpart — either a full blown native client of a web based one — so I can reply faster and more comfortably using an actual keyboard. That doesn’t make switching between different app windows and browser tabs throughout the day any less annoying.

If this sounds familiar there are a handful of all in one messaging clients that can save you the trouble by keeping all your chats under one roof, and best of all they are cross platform. The concept isn’t new — Trillian anyone? — but updated for today’s mobile messaging world.

Read the complete article.

I see kids today glued to their phones and tablets, chatting away. It's hard to imagine having multiple software all pouring into a single application, and with the number of automobile accidents being caused by texting, what are the chances that they will soon develop an app for all new cars that simply block signals? Not that hard to do, but the riot's of teenagers will no doubt fill the street!!!

I like the idea and thanks for a good article. I currently use Hangouts and Whatsie desktop clients. When I tried Franz, it feels very clunky as the interface is BIG, but the deal breaker for me was the notifications don't popup on screen, I just get an indicator on an icon in the task tray. Maybe some people will prefer this, but I'd miss it too easily.

Poor Trillian, it's my go to but with Live Messenger/Skype/Yahoo not working anymore due to protocol changes, it's losing ground for keeping it... Maybe I'll try Rambox? Does Rambox allow you to keep logs?

I see kids today glued to their phones and tablets, chatting away. It's hard to imagine having multiple software all pouring into a single application, and with the number of automobile accidents being caused by texting, what are the chances that they will soon develop an app for all new cars that simply block signals? Not that hard to do, but the riot's of teenagers will no doubt fill the street!!!
And I doubt that will they be able to talk to their own family members since they are already so busy chatting away on their phones.

Hmm; I would see great acceptance of this in the business community.

Back