TechSpot

Three more UK file sharing sites become target of ISP blockade

By Shawn Knight
Oct 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The British Phonographic Industry (BPI) has asked multiple Internet service providers in the UK to block access to file sharing sites Fenopy, H33t and Kickass Torrents. The BPI, a collective group that represents rights holders, says the sites are being...

Read more
  2. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,669   +59

If I share a movie with my bro over Google drive, will they shut google drive down? What is the legal difference if these torrent sites are not hosting files?
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 901   +52

I read that so wrong at first.
  4. MUHAMMAD KALEEM

MUHAMMAD KALEEM TS Rookie

+1
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,980   +1,488

No matter how many sites they block, there will always be a way around the block. They are wasting their time and money, attempting to stop the inevitable. I know I shouldn't but I find this all humorous.
  6. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

@treetops
    Helping someone commit a crime is almost the same as commiting the crime yourself. The sites may not host the material, but the point you to EXACTLY who has the copy protected material. So in essence, everytime you downloaded copy protected material from places like TBP, TPB shares in the responsability as well as the person who downloaded it. Places like TPB and Mega help to facilitate the copying of protected material. Hope that helps clear it up a bit.
  7. wujj123456

wujj123456 TS Rookie Posts: 29

If you think the entire mission of Google is to help pirates, I agree with you. But they are not. It's just a side effect of an open service. You logic is closer to saying all crime witnesses and victims are also criminals if they don't react to prevent the crime.
  8. Pan Wah

Pan Wah TS Enthusiast Posts: 134   +27

Witnesses who don't react to prevent a crime ARE accessories to it, aren't they?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.