Thumb drive not showing up in Disk Management or My Computer

By introuble000
Oct 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. SO basically, i'm doomed.

when i plug the damn thing in, SOMETIMES windows will say that it is "not recognized", and SOMETIMES Windows won't say nuthin at all. jsyk i've tried 5 times, and only one time windows responded with that uplifting message.

i tried searching for the device in my computer, not there. there is no "removable disk" icon either.

i also tried going into disk management, not there either.

oh and i've also tried this on 2 other computers.

SO therefore I assume that the thing is un-salvageable. UNLESS of course one of you angels reveal that it is not actually a goner, and that i can actually still access it and save my life. in which case it would just mean i'm a complete tech noob. however, that optimistic situation seems highly unlikely, and therefore i shall return to my assumption that i am doomed.

seeing as life is so, is there any way i can recover my data from the thumbdrive? and no, i can't send it back to the dealer because i never actually bought the thing; it was given as a door gift at someone's birthday. IKR.

so yeah.
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.