Thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy2k8

I use Thunderbird as my email client (2.0.0.17).
I want to use MozBackup 1.4.8 to back up all my settings, etc.
The way I backup is fine (backing up the default profile)
However, when I restore the file, and I go back into Thunderbird, the files aren't there.
Can anyone give me help as as to why?

so the real problem is with mozbackup...

What is not being restored? Is anything restored? You are turning off thunderbird before restoring right?

If you've done that then check the profile folder for thunderbird. Just see if the inbox file exists and how large it is...

if there are files there that are the right size then try deleting the MSF files as they're frequently corrupt.

If that still doesn't work then MozBackup screwed up somewhere and your files are probably lost if that was your only copy.

I recommend Mozy for future backups... I use that service on all my computers for email and critical document backup. It's nice to have a local backup as well of the above but remote storage is always nice.

TB Backup

When I go back into Thunderbird with the backup being restored, all my emails are there from before, but none from the backup; in fact it's the same as before. (The only profile is Default).
I do exit TB when I do the backup

where is your TB profile stored? It could be that MozBackup is restoring the profile to a folder that TB is not reading from. Ergo it wouldn't even notice.

Why don't easiely do backup on the PC and then move the copy on the server. As far as I undertstand you need to keep that live our of your PC

From the sounds of it, it is not backing up the correct profile. Do you have more than 1 profile?

I would save your messages offline then directly. Mozilla backup has not been updated in a long time and may not be currently compatible with the newer versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back