Thursday tech deals: 40" Samsung HDTV $398, 60" Sharp $798

By Matthew
Feb 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. TigerDirect offers the Samsung 40" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. UN40EH5000, for $497.99. Coupon code "JON84244" cuts it to $397.99. With about $13 for shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $69, although it was $21 less in November...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,097   +725

I got one of those TVs during black friday for the same price, but it was 120Hz and was smart
  3. I would suggest a few back-up T-CON boards for that Samsung TV. After abt 2 yrs you may need to change the board. Trust me, I been there...:(
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Of course, Australia doesn't have any such product on Dell site as TVs... :( That's a really nice TV and price.
  5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Waiting for a sub $1k LCD 72" or larger. The 60" is close.
    St1ckM4n likes this.
  6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 902   +71

Ditto to Spydercanopus. Looking for a sub $1k 72", and don't skimp on the features.
  7. I've used nothing but Samsung the last few years for TVs and none of them have ever broke or showed any problems. Even owned one from 2008 that were known to have capacitor issues. Not one issue.
    Electronics in general can have issues but to say and call out one company just cause you had a issue doe not mean all will have issues. You can say you don't like a company but to tell others you need to buy parts cause of a issue you had isn't right. All companies have issues, there isn't one company better than another, people just think they are cause either they have never had a issue or cause there problem was taken are of. Buy what you like but always understand what you are buying.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.