TechSpot

Thursday tech deals: Windows 7 Professional OEM for $124, Ultimate $175, more

By Matthew
Oct 22, 2009
  1. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

Interesting. I was under the impression that BOTH 32 and 64-bit versions came with 7 professional. From Superbiiz.com, it appears as though you only receive one or the two.

Am I having a major brainfart, or was I correct in my original assumption? Do you only receive both versions when you use the upgrade?

2. LightHeart

LightHeart TS Rookie Posts: 155

According to an article on pre-orders from Microsoft you get both.

•All editions of Windows 7 available on Microsoft Store include both 32-bit and 64-bit editions. If you choose to buy Windows 7 for download, you will get access to both downloads.

3. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

You can get Home Premium for $100 @ NewEgg w/ a code. Of course, I don't have the code anymore... since I already used it and tossed it, but if you got one, you're golden. ;P

4. saintbodhisatva

saintbodhisatva TS Rookie Posts: 59

I believe if you buy the OEM versions, they will be limited to either 32-bit only or 64-bit only. Its only the non-OEMs that have both. can anyone confirm this?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.