TechSpot

Tim Cook apologizes for Apple Maps, points users to third-party apps

By Jos
Sep 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple CEO Tim Cook has issued an official statement apologizing for falling short in delivering the best experience possible with the new Maps app. In his letter, Cook explains that in order to include features like turn-by-turn directions and voice...

Read more
  2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

That picture up top is amazing.
  3. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Steve is rolling in his grave. He would never have even begun to suggest using third party alternatives, especially from Google and Nokia!
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,775   +533

I do not accept the apology.

Mr Cook would have to send me a free iPhone, for starters. And make sure this time it does not exude residue of Chinese sweat and blood from it.
    Uvindu likes this.
  5. j05hh

j05hh TS Rookie Posts: 96   +15

Is that what the roads are suppose to look like after an earthquake? haha.. Samsung Galaxy S3 FTW!
    Uvindu likes this.
  6. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +99

No thats what roads look like in Montreal, should try driving here one day, its absolute bedlam. It's funny, this apology is as empty as the heads of the droves of sheeple buying Apple products. It's actually sad that a company like Apple can't hit something as simple as maps out of the park, seriously, they buy up companies specializing in this type of software and still can't get it done.
  7. VitalyT

For my vegan friends who like Apple...

It takes only 1 cow for McDonald's to squeeze out 1200 burgers. Apple kills 10 Chinese to make a single iPhone.

Keep it real.
  8. Recipe7

Recipe7 TS Enthusiast Posts: 142

Yes, VitalyT, keep it real. As real as Cook giving free iPhones as starters. Hmm, I wonder what are enders, maybe replace him as CEO. I bet you would drive stocks through the roof.
  9. Apple kills 10 people to make a single iPhone? Apple does enough on it's own without people making up silly and ridiculous stats. Apple has sold over 100M iPhones, so you really believe that Apple has killed over 1 billion people? That makes sense to you? China has got a lot of people, for sure, but you'd think someone would have reported that a country that had 1.3B people in 2011 has been reduced to just 300M.

Apple has a lot to not like about them. Make fun of their fanboys for defending a flawed map, but if you're going to just plain make shtuff up, at least make it reasonable.
  10. avioza

avioza TS Rookie Posts: 55   +15

I believe he was using Satire there... a little excessive perhaps but I think it went over your head.
  11. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 524   +142

Hahaha, Guest is such a troll :p

And this is just an empty apology. They shouldn't have released such a crappy piece of software... again...

12. Panda218

Panda218 TS Rookie Posts: 96   +13

I don't understand why apple just doesn't approve the Google maps application that Google has submitted to the app store... I mean I do understand, but I wish Apple wasn't so god damn stubborn.
  13. VitalyT

I was being ironic, but that apple isn't far from the tree ;)
  14. VitalyT

Apple does exploit chinese as slaves, that's a fact.
  15. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,836   +667

Nice article image kind of reminds me of...
    [​IMG]
  16. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,465   +622

I like how in the second paragraph he makes it look like Maps has always been Apples'.
  17. What about other bugs in iOS 6 and Mountain Lion? I still can't connect my iPhone to Facebook, it hangs on "verification", and passbook is just something terrible. Zoom swipe does not work in Mail and Safari (properly), etc, etc... Who'll apologize for those and, more important, fix them?
  18. "Steve is rolling in his grave. He would never have even begun to suggest using third party alternatives, especially from Google and Nokia!"

That's what I worried most..
  19. This is why I don't buy there's bad quality products anymore! It's all about greed , arogance and lack of respect!
    How can you in the same latter talk about the best quality in the world and than say use someones als product till we fix this!? The should compensate not give a ceeap talk! Because the reason the situation is like this is because of theres greed and wanted to make more money ,now share that money with the people you riptoff. This latter was written since last year when they decided to not use google maps a d they realised that it would come to this..
    Buy the next apple product ..you sure get it next time!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.