Time for a new graphics card. Suggestions?

schang3

So basicly my graphics card is always at an extremely high temperature (over100c!).
After many failed attempts at fixing it i hav decided to get a new one. My current one is a 9300 GE.
My computer is an HP m8530f KT334AA-ABA
http://www.pacificgeek.com/productimages/xl/KT334AA-POB-R-2.jpg
I want one that is more of a gaming card.
Specs:
VIsta
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad 2.20 GHz
5 GB RAM
64bit OS

Edit: forgot to mention, MUST have a fan built onto it. lol im tired of this cheap crap

how much do you want to spend, and are you willing to upgrade your power supply if needed.

Really don't want to blow more money on a power supply. Pretty big budget considering my birthday as well as X-mas is close

Edit: i want it to be atleast 1gb

peeled off my case. i got a HP 5188-2859 350W POWER SUPPLY

On a side note:
is Hewlett Packard 466851-001 Hp Geforce 9300 Ge 256mb even a slightly decent card? cuz it is part of the 9000 series even thou its only 256

as long as the Geforce 9300 does what you want it to do without any problems then its an decent card.
recently i havent been able to play any FPS games due to my low frames per second. Im assuming this is due to my card. Plus the fan on the graphics card never comes on...

the 9300 was never meant to play games its a low end card mainly used for HD playback and browsing and the such imo spend a little if you want to play games the midrange cards that are out right now are amazing and there price reflects it even more since there so cheap.

the 9300 was never meant to play games its a low end card mainly used for HD playback and browsing and the such imo spend a little if you want to play games the midrange cards that are out right now are amazing and there price reflects it even more since there so cheap.

can u find me one that is good and will most definalty work with my computer?

Back