Time Warner pays $283 million for Google's AOL stake

By Justin
Jul 27, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As Time Warner prepares to unload the increasing burden that is AOL, they are tying up all the loose ends involved. Part of that required them to buy up all the portions of the company owned by others, most notably Google. The search giant’s stake in AOL sat at 5%, and Time Warner was left with little option but to buy it back from them. It was clear that TW would do just that several months ago, but now a dollar figure has been signed and Google no longer has a stake.

Read the whole story
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

AOL will be a Chinese company pretty soon, I suspect.
    Time Warner is to be credited for doing the right thing... but there will be a heck of a lot of people out of work within a year.
  3. TechCombo

TechCombo Newcomer, in training

I would still say that Google did lose out somewhat because it is $717 million and TW should be happy with the deal. I wonder how long AOL will last, spending all this money, in the credit crunch, since they need profits also.
  4. JudaZ

JudaZ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 292

I would say google didnt loose anything, it was an investment... a PR investment.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.