Timing out connection on one particular website

That's pretty odd, for it's worth I was able to hit both links without any problem.

That's pretty odd, for it's worth I was able to hit both links without any problem.

Its doesnt happen when I first go to the site. It happens after I been on the and reading threads/topics for awhile. I'm also using firebox cause IE is too slow.

I get he same problem when I click those links.I stay like 45+ seconds till the page loads.Maybe the problem is with the site's servers.

Avira has a free version too. FWIW, I had a problem clicking on certain links, although not the same as yours, and it turned out to be an issue with my anti-virus Kaspersky. In my case clicking some links brought me to a blank page. After I switched to free Avira, that problem went away. That said, it could have been a firewall problem but since Kaspersky was also my firewall, the problem is gone in any case.

I need a good security suite.
Personally, I prefer individual components.
The idea is that with one primary function, the software is built to serve that need, which tends to make it lean-n-mean. Tigher, well single use code, imo will do a better job in general.

Single components will also be easier to maintain and if necessary to replace.

A suite easily gets bloated - - Norton is an example.
Just my $0.02 - - -

Personally, I prefer individual components.
The idea is that with one primary function, the software is built to serve that need, which tends to make it lean-n-mean. Tigher, well single use code, imo will do a better job in general.

Single components will also be easier to maintain and if necessary to replace.

A suite easily gets bloated - - Norton is an example.
Just my $0.02 - - -

What individual components do recommend then besides the avira antivirus.

You'll get multiple responses on that.

I'm running Avast! as the A/V and Sunbelt Personal Firewall.
I've also used AVG and Comodo with success.

Many recommend Eset NOD32 also.

I was able to access your two ford truck forum sites without issues. I've seen this issue prior with wireless routers I test out. Some of them don't have good working DNS. Which brand of router are you using? Have you updated the firmware? Even if you update the firmware it still might do the same thing. I had one brand that was blocking Techspot. I could access techspot but when I go to post a reply I would get a timeout. Replacing the defective router solved my issue. Or in my case I use a different brand. Even if I use techspot IP address into the router firewall it still blocked this site, but not at once.

I was able to access your two ford truck forum sites without issues. I've seen this issue prior with wireless routers I test out. Some of them don't have good working DNS. Which brand of router are you using? Have you updated the firmware? Even if you update the firmware it still might do the same thing. I had one brand that was blocking Techspot. I could access techspot but when I go to post a reply I would get a timeout. Replacing the defective router solved my issue. Or in my case I use a different brand. Even if I use techspot IP address into the router firewall it still blocked this site, but not at once.

There's 3 wireless and 1 wired computer in the house. Its a new linksys wireless router bought back in December of 2010. I'm the only the one who's having this problem in the house. All 3 wireless computers have norton security and the other has that rapscity. But I never tried getting on the ford site from the other 2 wireless computers.

You'll get multiple responses on that.

I'm running Avast! as the A/V and Sunbelt Personal Firewall.
I've also used AVG and Comodo with success.

Many recommend Eset NOD32 also.

Are any of those free?

Back