Tips on cleaning my computer

TheDevopsGuy

I didnt know were to post this so il go ahead if it needs to be moved il do so so im 15 and ive been in techspot for quite a while and ive learned so much now im just asking for those tech fanatics when opening the pc what precautions and how should I manage it since I dont want to fry anything since lately ive been having overheating problems it needs a little cleanup

Always touch the case frame before touching any of the components. Typically all the cleaning I do is just take the PC outside with the side panel off, and spray it out pretty good with some compressed air. I've read you shouldn't let your fans spin up real fast with the compressed air, but I've noticed no ill effects from doing so. I guess the recommended way would be to put a finger on the fan and then spray it to prevent the awesome spin up.

Ty I heared theres something of the electricity on what surface its best to place it on somewere were its earthed??

If you are going to blow it out with compressed air you are going to want to do it outside. I wouldn't worry about a special surface.

If you want to be super paranoid though, then take it outside, turn the power supply switch off, plug in the power cord to a wall outlet. Then touch the metal frame of the case before doing anything. That is FAR in excess of what I've ever done though. Just touch the metal part of the case before doing anything and you will be fine.

Back