Titanfall 2 Benchmarked: Graphics & CPU Performance

Steve

Staff member

Initial concerns about Titanfall 2 on PC appear to have been uncalled for. Released on Xbox, PS4 and PC last Friday, members of the master race can look forward to vastly superior image quality in Titanfall 2 -- assuming you have the horsepower to pull it off -- which is precisely why we're here: to see exactly what kind of hardware you'll need to experience this game in all of its glory at 1080p, 1440p and 4K.

Featuring frantic combat and fluid mechanics, the original Titanfall was the sort of shooter you'd want to play on max quality with no hiccups, perhaps even across multiple graphics cards and monitors. Without delving into details just yet, we're happy to report that Titanfall 2 runs well on both Nvidia and AMD hardware. A lack of proper PC hardware optimization doesn't seem to be a problem here, though it seems to be having an initial issue with sales.

On the bright side, Titanfall 2 looks great and has been receiving plenty of positive reviews, so despite a weaker than expected online presence, the game does appear to be worth buying. Those of you pondering that purchase ought to have a good idea of what to expect performance-wise after reading on.

Read the complete article.

"we can't help but feel that Respawn/EA could have done the same"

And why on earth would EA have done that, taking the spotlight away from their baby battlefield?

titanfall shouldnt be trying to launch in the middle of all these other shooters. There are just too many at once.

Runs smooth as silk on my GTX 980ti at 1440.

Really enjoying the game so far. Single player story line is better than most.

Good variety of hardware. That would take alot of work. would like to see actual vram useage but I can always count on seeing what I want to see on techspot with these benchmarks.

Damnit. Should've got a 390.

You have a 970? Yeah, that card is dropping like a brick. It's even beat by the R9 290. The devil was in the details when that card released that it's future gaming performance was going to suffer.

Back