TechSpot

TiVo coming to Time Warner Cable?

By Jos
Jun 23, 2009
  1. Hot on the heels of a major patent victory against Dish Network, TiVo is reportedly getting ready to expand by elbowing its way “onto every U.S. pay-television system.” According to a Bloomberg report, the company is currently in talks with Time Warner Cable and other providers to license its time-shifting technology for third-party hardware or software.

Read the whole story

2. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

TiVo is the biggest scam, ever, period.

3. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 308

Can't wait till HD Tivo comes to Direrctv so I can dump this slow DirecTV DVR crap. My parents just got their new non-HD Directv brand DVR receivers and they are just as slow. I miss my fast Directv TIVO. Tivo knew how to make a DVR right unlike these greedy companies who pushed them out there own garbage.

4. lordbf1

lordbf1 TS Rookie

my cable dvr sucks i miss my tivo!

5. Space_Cowboy

Space_Cowboy TS Rookie Posts: 32

Build your own PVR like I did after chunking Tivo 6 months ago. It's rumored that Tivo is going to start forcing a commerical on you even if you fast forward though recorded commercials. Plus you already have to see all their advertising crap on the menus.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.