TechSpot

TiVo keeps bleeding money: Q3 was bad, Q4 could be worse

By Emil
Nov 25, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Digital video recorder maker TiVo has reported its earnings for Q3 2010, which ended on October 31, and the news wasn't good, according to The Wall Street Journal. TiVo, whose set-top boxes were the first to pause, rewind, and record live television, now has just 2.3 million subscribers.

Read the whole story

2. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

I'll take my AT&T Uverse DVR any day. Record four programs at once from any TV!

3. TiVo was doomed from the start. Great technology however charging people a monthly service fee to use a DVR is not worth it. You can buy others DVRs (without service fees), setup a computer or use other online services for a better deal.

4. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 198   +18

I've kept with Tivo because of the things my Series 2 Tivo does that no one else is doing, even now. Like the Suggested Shows that it automatically records to always stay full. They delete when they need room for new shows, but I've discovered new shows to watch and have used the Thumbs Up rating system to tell it things it should record, but that aren't important enough to schedule. These two things mean there are always lots of options of shows to watch even if I don't want to watch what I programmed it to record yet.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.