To buy or not barebones system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djspan101

Hi guys,

I really need some help. I have 8 days left to decide whetehre or not to buy the HP/Compaq Evo D500 Barebones kit off of eBay. It is currently going for £9.90 buy it now with £11.90 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310152575384&_trksid=p2759.l1259

It looks like an amazing bargin. It so cheap because it has no, PSU, no RAM, no Optical Drive and no HDD. I know the CD drive and HDD are IDE but I need to know where I can get Cheap SD Ram PC133 and a PSU that is compatible with the D500. Also what sort of upgrades can I perform on this machine, I.E PCI Cards, RAM, HDD, Optical etc.

The most important thing that I need to know is what PSU and what the general cost of all these parts will be. I am fairly flexible seeing as the barebones is only £20.

Thanks,

djspan101

generally you get what you pay for on ebay.
ebay electronics are notorious for scamming.

Dont worry

found out why it was so cheap, it didn't have a PSU and the compaq PSU's are notoriously hard to get. The only one I could find for a reasonable price was about £70 on a US site. Oh well, I'll just keep browsing :)

I really would not call that a super bargain either to be honest. Its quite an old pc, I have a evo but with a 2.66 northwood and 1 gig of ram, and a 80 gb hd, & a dvdrw. I would not expect to sell it for much more than 30 pounds, fully working with xp pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back