To XP3 or not to

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyGuitar

Guess I*ll pass on XP3,

It*s big, takes up a lot of room, has issues and blocks other software that works with XP2, so what*s the win for loading 460 / 1020 Mega bytes of bulge? [ Usual confusing MS *english language*]

[ This, from MS download SP3 site ]

** Hard disk space that is required if you install Windows XP SP3 from a shared folder on the network
System Restore feature enabled System Restore feature disabled
Working space 80 megabytes (MB) 80 MB
Files that remove Windows XP SP3 256 MB 256 MB
Total hard disk space that is required 1020 MB
1100 MB peak usage during installation 380 MB

460 MB peak usage during installation **

Sometimes I wonder why we in North America are so tolerant of the MS bulldozer. Europe is so choked with MS they have a 1- 1/2 Billion$ lawsuit underway against MS. = TG

every service packs has had problems in the past. i'm gonna wait till all the bugs get ironed out.

I built a computer for a lady back in like 2000 or 2001 (AMD Duron 1Ghz) that I orginally put Windows 98 on I think. Then after she was having problems with it in 2002 I decided maybe I should put XP on it for her. So I did... flash forward to now, she had a problem with it (really simple boot problem) that I fixed today. The install date for XP on that machine was Tuesday, May 21 2002. It has been running for that long with no major problems, so I don't think I'm going to risk putting SP3 on it for her. :)

SP-3 Definitely has problems with AMD cpu's... and with HP computers...
There is no reason to install it. The important downloads are still available as part of Windows update.

Guess I*ll pass on XP3,

It*s big, takes up a lot of room, has issues and blocks other software that works with XP2, so what*s the win for loading 460 / 1020 Mega bytes of bulge? [ Usual confusing MS *english language*]
Good iidea! Why invite trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back