Tool bar help

By charlie61
Nov 29, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having a problem getting the tool bar at the top of the screen to work properly. I am using Windows XP. I can't get the address bar and the read mail, favorites, search,back, etc bar to come up on the screen at the same time. I can get one or the other but not both at the same time. I can click a little double arrow on the left side of the bar it brings the read mail, favoites, search, back etc in a drop down menu but I can't get it at the top of the screen. I did a right click on the tool bar and check all four items, standard buttons, address bar, links, and lock the tool bars. Under the view drop down box, status bar is also checked.
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Charlie
  2. rev_olie

rev_olie TechSpot Maniac Posts: 598

Hi

Have you looked for a group of small dots at the end of the tools bar and then dragging it down.

Im thinking its because of the screen size compared to the size of the toolbar
  3. charlie61

charlie61 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 73

there are some little right arrows on the left side of the bar and if you click on them the tool bar icons drop down on the left side of the screen but I can't get them to come up along the top above the address box like they used to be.
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
    3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
    5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.
  5. charlie61

charlie61 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 73

where is the internet explorer box. I can't find it under the tools menu.
  6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Or just press the ALT key, when IE is open :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.