Top Budget & Enthusiast-Level SSDs for the Price

Sure would like to see more mainstream prices on the new SSD's ... just checked newegg and the Vertex II 240GB is still going for $400. Guess I'll just keep on plugging away with my original Vertex 128GB until these prices start coming down to earth.

It won't take long now since more and more companies are making SSDs, they are becoming more mainstream and there's more of a variety. Let's hope it will fall far enough for me at the end of the year.

I found that the vertex 3 was reasonable in price, so I bought two of them for raid 0.

My Agility 2 is faster at gaming/multimedia/multitasking compared to the C300's, and the new Vertex/Agility 3' are faster at the same thing when compared to Crucials' new drives.

OCZ makes the best SSD.
Crucial makes great stuff too though, but this is about speed and Crucial falls behind a little.

Still above the crucial (ha) price of £1 p er Gb. AT these prices I will have new mobo and new fusion a3 before any of these. I still dont know whether to wait for win8 or upgrade to win7, seeing as this will be last OS I ever buy. I'm all done paying £80 for an OS thats used on £200 hardware. CHromium will free us from the Microsoft tax.

Back