Torchlight II vs. Diablo III - Runic's approach against Blizzard's money making machine

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/576-torchlight2-vs-diablo3/]https://www.techspot.com/review/576-torchlight2-vs-diablo3/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Diablo 3 unfortunately was a huge disappointment for me.

I already have TL2 pre-loaded on Steam, having played the beta, I'm excited because I'm sure Torchlight 2 is going to be wicked awesome!

How dare you compare torchlight 2 with diablo 3.... diablo 3 is one of the WORST RPG games of ALL TIME.

How dare you compare torchlight 2 with diablo 3.... diablo 3 is one of the WORST RPG games of ALL TIME.

That's overly harsh
I got quite a lot of fun playing D3 but, and it's a big but, it was a letdown after the sheer joy that D2 was for me

Diablo 3 was and is the biggest flop that Blizzard has ever produced on the PC. It is certainly not the worst game ever, but that goes without saying.

Torchlight 2 on the other hand is fantastic. Sure it falls short of being a Diablo replacement because of the lack of dedicated servers, ladder system, and the whole feel of competition and community that goes along with that, but if we are just focusing on game play and fun factor.... well no comparison, TL2 wins easily.

I want to know if skills and potions have cd's in t2 like d3, that is the main game flow mechanic I found sickening in d3.

The game comes out in less than 24 hours and I can't wait. Torchlight 2 will wash the bad taste that Diablo 3 left in my mouth.

D3 is a decent game, people love to over-exaggerate but unfortunately Torchlight 2 has plenty more to offer, I mean cmon LAN!

Well, I'm enjoying a lot diablo 3, it is excelent, imo, of course I hope torchlight 2 kill ***.

Diablo 3 was ruined by the auction house and always required inet. F blizzard.

Torchlight 2 is what D3 could have been.

That was about as thorough review/comparison as I've ever seen. I wish all game reviews were that good.

A great read and has me jacked up to play some T2!

D3 is a fun game but it seems that wasn't its main function.
A nice new money funnel was its main purpose.

Dave

Have been playing T2 for a few hours now, have found a few uniquw items so far. the loot is plentiful, so much more then D3. love the game

I want to know if skills and potions have cd's in t2 like d3, that is the main game flow mechanic I found sickening in d3.

Only some of them have. And its pretty nicely balanced. Only skills that would be totally overpowered without CD have it. Most of skills are spammable. Embermages teleport doesn't have CD but his Pillar of flames does... You don't want to have 50 pillars floating on battlefield, do you? And you do want to be that elusive magic force that (almost) can't be stopped... don't you? ;]

Only some of them have. And its pretty nicely balanced. Only skills that would be totally overpowered without CD have it. Most of skills are spammable. Embermages teleport doesn't have CD but his Pillar of flames does... You don't want to have 50 pillars floating on battlefield, do you? And you do want to be that elusive magic force that (almost) can't be stopped... don't you? ;]
Sounds good, I bought the game but only played about 3 hours so far.

Back