TechSpot

Toshiba A205-S5814

By Zombie
May 13, 2008
  1. hey I am looking for a SATA Raid driver for this computer it is a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5814. The laptop came with with windows vista but I want to down grade it to windows xp but when I try it come up with thats it cannot find the hard drive. So I need help in finding the SATA RAID drivers. Can someone please help me in this.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,462   +229

Did you install the chipset driver package and it didn't include the SATA/RAID drivers? I'm not saying that it should. I don't really know so I'm asking if they weren't there.

3. Zombie

Zombie TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

The driver I need for this is the Sata Raid drivers so that I can install Windows Xp Professional on it. It say that I need drivers so that u can load windows Xp on it and with out that it come up with cannot detect the hard drive

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,462   +229

Because I didn't see any separate SATA/RAID drivers at the Toshiba website, I was wondering if they didn't come as a package with the chipset drivers. Probably not, but I didn't know for sure so that's why I asked.

Perhaps you might find the SATA/RAID drivers at the Intel site.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.