TechSpot

Toshiba A205-S5814

By Zombie
May 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey I have a Toshiba A205-S5814. My problem that I'm have is that the bios just comes up with a Bios password. But the funny thing about it is that I did not or any one but a bios password on it. This is what I was doing: I was trying to install windows Xp Pro on it but it did not work because of some SATA Raid Controll driver it needed so windows can install on it. So I was looking around on the web and I find a a bios update on Toshiba website and I try to install the update on my laptop but it did not work it come up with some error so I did not do it again. I boot the laptop and it work find and then I Turnoff the laptop and take out the hard drive so I can check a other hard drive I had. Then Take it out and put back the was that it came with but never boot it up again until the next day, I boot it up and there was a screen that say enter password. But I did not but any. So it there any way i can bypass or jump any thing on the motherboard to fix this problem I am having.

Can some one please please help me with this
  2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Try this to get into Bios - while powered-off, press & hold the ESC button and power on the notebook.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.